I finally unboxed my new Instant Pot and have begun to experiment. I am usually not a fan of such devices, as I enjoy being in the kitchen, the smells that arise from the pot on the stove, and the traditional processes that go along with old school culinary practices. However, sometimes we just need to save time and cut corners.
I decided to unbox, go through my fridge and play. What I came up with, is going be a keeper and a regular recipe. Simple. Healthy. Delicious.Print
Instant Pot Healthy Tomato and Root Soup
4 carrots fine cube
3 sweet potatoes fine cube, skin on
4 celery stalks, cubed
1 large onion diced
large pinch of sea salt
pinch of black pepper
pinch of garlic powder
pinch of dried oregano
1– 32 ounce can of whole san marzano tomatoes
4 cups of veggie broth
1 cup of water
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
2 heads of baby bok choy, chopped
3 cups of baby spinach
1/2 cup raw quinoa, rinsed well
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
8 ounces grated pecorino ramona cheese (for serving, optional)
- Wash and chop all ingredients. Add all of the ingredients into the instant pot, except for the last 4 ingredients (greens and quinoa).
- Turn your Instant Pot to the soup setting and turn the time down to 22 minutes. Make sure that the valve is set on sealing. The instant pot will read: ON.
- After 20 minutes, the timer will go off. Turn the value to venting, wait for it to release, there may be not pressure yet. Turn the instant pot to off/cancel. Carefully open the lid.
- Add the bok choy, spinach, parsley and quinoa. Replace lid. Set the valve to sealing. Click manual and cook for 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, turn the valve to venting and turn the pressure cooker off.
- When there is no more steam to be released, open pot. If you like your greens less cooked add extra baby spinach at this stage. Taste for seasoning.
Serve with a generous teaspoon of grated pecorino romano cheese. Nutritional label below is calculated with cheese
Keywords: Detox, Dinner, Main dish, Recipes, Soups, Vegan, Vegetarian, Weight loss, Instantpot