Instant Pot Healthy Tomato and Root Soup
4 carrots fine cube
3 sweet potatoes fine cube, skin on
4 celery stalks, cubed
1 large onion diced
large pinch of sea salt
pinch of black pepper
pinch of garlic powder
pinch of dried oregano
1– 32 ounce can of whole san marzano tomatoes
4 cups of veggie broth
1 cup of water
2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
2 heads of baby bok choy, chopped
3 cups of baby spinach
1/2 cup raw quinoa, rinsed well
1 bunch flat leaf parsley
8 ounces grated pecorino ramona cheese (for serving, optional)
- Wash and chop all ingredients. Add all of the ingredients into the instant pot, except for the last 4 ingredients (greens and quinoa).
- Turn your Instant Pot to the soup setting and turn the time down to 22 minutes. Make sure that the valve is set on sealing. The instant pot will read: ON.
- After 20 minutes, the timer will go off. Turn the value to venting, wait for it to release, there may be not pressure yet. Turn the instant pot to off/cancel. Carefully open the lid.
- Add the bok choy, spinach, parsley and quinoa. Replace lid. Set the valve to sealing. Click manual and cook for 6 minutes. After 6 minutes, turn the valve to venting and turn the pressure cooker off.
- When there is no more steam to be released, open pot. If you like your greens less cooked add extra baby spinach at this stage. Taste for seasoning.
Serve with a generous teaspoon of grated pecorino romano cheese. Nutritional label below is calculated with cheese
Keywords: Detox, Dinner, Main dish, Recipes, Soups, Vegan, Vegetarian, Weight loss, Instantpot