Fall is here and apple picking season is upon us! This recipe is so simple and quick. I love making this recipe in muffin tins with cupcake papers but of course you can go the traditional route and make this in a glass pie dish. Using the muffin tins helps make portioning and snacking a breeze and guilt-free!
Tip: I love using an apple peeler and slicer to save time! This is the best piece of equipment. I promise you, you can peel, core and cut your apples in 5 minutes! This is not a sponsored post, I truly just love this thing. I will only share the very best with you.
I also love these Skinnygirl muffin pans!
Please tag me on instagram.com/@miarussostern if you make this recipe, I love hearing from you guys and love seeing your fun creations.
- 3 Apple (medium, cored, peeled, chopped)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 2 tsps Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 1/4 cups Oats
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 tbsps Coconut Oil Or Olive Oil
- 2 tbsps Coconut Oil (or light olive oil)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°F). Line a cupcake tin with cupcake papers.
- Peel and chop the apples. Add 1/2 of the maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, sea salt, vanilla to the apples and toss. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk almond flour, baking soda and a pinch of sea salt together. Then mix in the oats, remaining maple syrup, and light olive oil.
- Fill your muffin tins up 1/2 way with apples. Do your best to make all of the tins even. Then add the oatmeal topping to each one. Top off with a nice sprinkle of coconut sugar and cinnamon combo. Bake for 30 minutes until just golden on top.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 124
- Sugar: 9
- Sodium: 81
- Fat: 5
- Carbohydrates: 18
- Fiber: 3
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: Apple crisp, muffin tins, healthy fall dessert