5 Simple Tips To Better Health
- Always try to start the day with warm water and lemon and or raw apple cider vinegar. This is a great way to hydrate and get your metabolism moving in the morning. Proper hydration is vital to good health and to weight loss. A good rule of thumb is to drink half your body weight in ounces of water per day.
- Drink one green juice a day if you can. Remember to always use organic ingredients. A great simple starter juice recipe is celery, cucumber, lemon & ginger. If you find that you are pressed for time and can’t make or pick up a green juice, you can pick up portable packets of greens powder. Amazing Grass makes a great one, that you can add to your water bottle.
- Sweat daily! If you can’t get a workout in, think about getting to a spa or gym where you can take a steam or sauna. Sweating and elevating your heart rate is a great way to rev up your metabolism and remove toxins in the body through your pores.
- If you are a coffee drinker, please switch to organic coffee. Coffee beans are one of the most heavily sprayed crops. Drinking a coffee that is certified organic without pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, and fertilizers is a great step to cleaning up your diet.
- Go meat-free at least one day a week! There has been a lot of important research that sheds light on the health benefits of eating a plant-based diet. While I know it is not always easy, and can feel challenging to cut meat out entirely, why not try to go plant-based for one day!
Try this Overnight Chia Pudding for breakfast.
Chia is a seed from the plant Salvia Hispanica:
- Historically, chia was an important part of the Aztec and Mayan diet. Chia means “strength” and is thought to give and sustain energy. When added to liquid, it becomes gel-like, or a demulcent, which can be soothing to digestion. It’s high in protein, fiber, calcium, magnesium, manganese, and phosphorus, iron, and zinc. It’ also rich in heart-healthy Omega 3 fatty acids.
Overnight Chia Pudding
- 3/4 cup non-dairy milk (coconut, almond, cashew, oat)
- 3 tablespoons chia seed
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of dried unsweetened desiccated coconut flakes
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or pure vanilla powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon slivered almond
- 1 teaspoon dried cherries, chopped fine
Add all ingredients to a 12-ounce glass mason jar. Shake well and refrigerate overnight. It will be ready for you in the morning, add a few slices of banana, and fresh sliced fruit.
For more recipes designed for health and longevity, join me 7 Day Detox. I will walk you through every step!