Blistered Tomatoes with Squash Noodles
4 cups or spiraled butternut squash
4 cups of grape tomatoes
1/4 cup olive oil
8 cloves of garlic sliced
1 cup of fresh flat leaf italian parsley, chopped
coarse seal salt
1/2 cup chicken or veggie stock
cracked black pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Quickly blanche squash noodles for 5 seconds, and remove from water. Drain them well.
- In a large saute pan warm the olive oil. Add the garlic slices and let these brown a few minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add the grape tomatoes whole, and turn up the heat to medium high. Let this sit for about 5 minutes, until they start to blister and pop a little. Stir.
- Let them cook another 5 minutes.
- Add your stock. Turn the heat to low and let this sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add parsley.
- Add the squash noodles to this sauce pan. Stir. Plate. Serve and enjoy!