Asparagus Detox Soup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion chopped
1 large bunch of asparagus spears chopped (cut off the tough ends)
4 cups of low salt vegetable or chicken stock
1 cup water
1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves
1/2 cup of fresh dill
1/2 cup fresh flat leaf parsley
1 head of sweet bib or boston lettuce
juice from 1/2 lemon and the zest from 1 lemon
- In a large sauce-pot on medium heat warm olive oil. Sauté the onion for about 10 minutes until translucent and soft. Add a tiny pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add asparagus and let that sauté for about 7 minutes on medium/low.
- Add veggie or chicken stock and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and add the washed head of torn lettuce leaves.
- Let cook with cover on for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add fresh mint dill and parsley, taste for salt and pepper.
- Blend soup in blender until smooth for easy simple digestion.
- Add a nice squeeze of fresh lemon juice and the zest from one whole lemon.
Keywords: Soup, detox, health, recipe, weight loss, vegan